- They have ranged in age from 6 to 99 years.
- They have been about evenly divided between women and men.
- More than half of them were referred to the program by Specialists in Sleep Disorders
Medicine. The others were referred by General Practitioners, (Family Physicians),
Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychiatrists, other Medical Practitioners, Natural
Therapists, Naturopaths, Massage Therapists, Nurses, Social Workers, other Health
Professionals, and people who have learned to sleep better using the program.
- Most of them were people who had had long-term chronic sleep problems (up to 50
years duration), had tried many remedies for sleep, and came to see me as a
last resort. The remedies they had tried often included several types of sleeping
medication, anti - depressant medication, hypnotherapy, acupuncture, relaxation,
meditation, yoga, natural remedies, exercise, eliminating caffeine and alcohol, warm
milk, massage, psychiatry, and so forth.
- They have come from all walks of life: secretaries and executives, teachers and
students, nurses, factory workers, housewives, farmers, labourers, engineers,
tradesmen and unemployed people, psychologists and medical practitioners. A
number of them left school very early, some at age 14, so you certainly do not need
to be a scholar to use the program.